Monday, November 15, 2010

In dreams you're mine all of the time ...




"He was now singing his compositions in three or four octaves that made you want to drive your car over a cliff. He sang like a professional criminal... His voice could jar a corpse, always leave you muttering to yourself something like, 'Man, I don't believe it'"

Bob Dylan

When I read this line in Dylan's Chronicles I underlined it with my pencil...

I remembered Roy's voice ..

I could drive my car over a cliff while this song is playing in the radio...

Roy said this song came to him while sleeping, he dreamed that the radio was announcing a new Elvis song .. then he woke up and wrote it..

The images in the video are from David Lynch's movie Blue Velvet, which I hadn't seen yet..

The producer was Dino de Laurentiis who passed away last week..

Little homage here to all of them..



In Dreams

A candy-colored clown they call the Sandman
Tiptoes to my room every night
Just to sprinkle stardust and to whisper
"Go to sleep, everything is all right"

I close my eyes, then I drift away
Into the magic night, I softly say
A silent prayer like dreamers do
Then I fall asleep to dream my dreams of you

In dreams I walk with you
In dreams I talk to you
In dreams you're mine all of the time
We're together in dreams, in dreams

But just before the dawn
I awake and find you gone
I can't help it, I can't help it, if I cry
I remember that you said goodbye

It's too bad that all these things
Can only happen in my dreams
Only in dreams
In beautiful dreams

4 comments:

  1. roy, roy, roy. i miss him. when i first saw him on tv i was making fun of him. i was ignorant and stupid. i know better now. he's got this one of a kind voice and when i hear it, i always knew its him, no one else. i know what you mean about drivin the car over a cliff haha. a great homage to them all. nice post. and the video's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wana follow this blog. how can i do that? i don't see any "follow" that i can click to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey.. every verse of the song has a different melody and every next one he is singing higher until the last one... which is so epic..

    Check if you can follow now.. just below the "about me" part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I could drive my car over a cliff while this song is playing in the radio..."
    damn, love that.

    ReplyDelete

TRANSLATE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails