Monday, June 20, 2011

Where the skies are so blue..


We were playing last Friday.. and then some guys from the crowd asked us to play "Sweet Home Alabama".. So we did..

When we were done.. I came to talk with them.. and this girl, asked me which was my all time favorite American Band.. and I said.. "The Doors", she didn't even know who they were.. and asked me why.. Didn't have to think about it.. "well.. the lyrics are clever, the music is incredible, they are sort of the most original and daring band I've ever heard.."

Then she asked me about Bob Dylan.. well.. I said.. "he's not a band.. but he must be the greatest performer and writer of the century and his influence goes beyond music".. Then she said,... "He's English right ? " .. "WHAT ??! " ,, "Dylan English ???.. how can you say that ???"

"He went all the way from Minnesota to New York, to get on the folk circuit and became an icon for singing for civil rights in America ".. Her face was like if I was speaking in Chinese..

.. so bad there was no time to speak about Neil Young..

No comments:

Post a Comment

TRANSLATE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails