Friday, February 5, 2010

I wouldn't worry about me ...

The lyrics on the first Talking Heads record where something not heard before..
They appeared with this punk funk they invented, on their debut 77

Don't know why but just love it..

Whenever this song starts, can't stop it.. got to follow it to the end and sing along..
Loved ones, loved ones visit the building
Take the highway, park and come up and see me
I'll be working, working but if you come visit
I'll put down what I'm doing, my friends are important
I guess that Talking Heads did suceed was because nobody could really believe they were singing such things.. after them, this became quite normal.. but obviously wasn't before.. when pop musicians were treated as living gurus who had the right answer to everything..

David Byrne just send a message to that false adoration ..

No comments:

Post a Comment

TRANSLATE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails