Thursday, March 18, 2010

Won't you let me walk you home from school ...


when I discovered this tune I felt so identified with the feeling it expresses that I became immediately a fan of Big Star. This incredible cult band that have influenced so many artists..

Alex Chilton sang with such feeling this teenage anthem. This little 3-minutes masterpiece that gets us back when we believe that holding her hand for a while would make life grand.

it’s all about naivety, innocence, dreams, illusions and hopes



I also remember once my mother brought an oldies compilation record, and I am not lying, my favorite song on there was the letter from the Box Tops.. I had never again remember that tune, until today reviewing Alex's bio, found out he was the singer in that band.. whoaaa.. double surprise..




RIP - Alex Chilton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TRANSLATE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails