Thursday, April 15, 2010

The cut-rate mime walking through the dirty streets..

Last week I bought “Things the Grandchildren Should Know” by Mark O. Everett.

Such a suggestive title…

As I am always wondering about which are the things that I should already know… and as once I was a grandchildren it got me hooked straight away..

I wasn’t a big fan of Eels, because their first single, "Novocaine for the Soul".. sounded to me so much as an intentional hit .. didn’t felt like buying it..

Anyway as time passes good artists remains, and so he did.

I started admiring him when he was asked to contribute to the disrespectful edition of Kurt Cobain’s personal writings with a comment… He replied: "Please don't do this to me after I kill myself"… enough said…

I took one of his albums randomly which happened to be “Daisies from the Galaxy” and it became for a while a very comfortable company.

So... buy the book and then read it !! and you won’t be able to avoid laughing .. even though he explains quite tragic episodes of his life.. he manages to lower the importance, which actually is the cure for any disgrace.. sometimes I forget..

No comments:

Post a Comment

TRANSLATE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails